Apple announced its impresses iPhone 13 line-up last month. And you can use AnyTrans software to move data from one iPhone to another.
Using Apple Quick Start
You can use Apple’s Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Here’s how it works:
- Turn on your new device and place it near your current device. The Quick Start screen appears on your current device and offers the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new device. Make sure that it’s the Apple ID that you want to use, then tap Continue. If you don’t see the option to continue on your current device, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Wait for an animation to appear on your new device. Hold your current device over the new device, then center the animation in the viewfinder. Wait for a message that says Finish on New [Device]. If you can’t use your current device’s camera, tap Authenticate Manually, then follow the steps that appear.
- When asked, enter your current device’s passcode on your new device.
- Follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new device.
- When asked, enter your Apple ID password on your new device. If you have more than one device, you might also need to enter their passcodes.
- Your new device offers the choice of transferring data from one device to another device or restoring apps, data, and settings from your most recent iCloud backup. You can also tap Other Options to restore from a backup on your computer. After you select a backup, you can choose whether to transfer some settings related to location, privacy, Apple Pay, and Siri.
- If you have an Apple Watch and you’re setting up a new iPhone, you’ll also be asked if you’d like to transfer your Apple Watch data and settings.
There are some weaknesses to Quick Start. Namely:
- You can’t transfer needed content only.
- It only works when setting up an iPhone. You’ll need to erase and reset first if it’s an already-perating iPhone.
- You’re unable to transfer everything such as non-purchased music.
AnyTrans is a great alternative
AnyTrans covers nearly all types of iPhone data. That includes non-purchased music, which is really convenient.You can transfer selected content OR all content with a single click.
AnyTrans won’t erase existing data on a new iPhone and skip duplicated content automatically. There’s no need to reset the iPhone. And you can make the transition whenever you want.
With AnyTrans, you can make merge necessary content. For example, you can merge WhatsApp chats from the same person to one thread. Or you can merge different contact info of the same person into one contact card.
How to use AnyTrans
AnyTrans isn’t just a one-time tool for data transfer. It’s also an iPhone manager that will help users save time and effort when it comes to tasks such as data backup, making custom ringtones, backup/upgrade/manage iPhone apps, downloading online videos, mirroring an iPhone screen to a computer, etc.
Here is how to use it:
Step 1. Install AnyTrans and open it on your computer > Choose Phone to iPhone from the Phone Switcher mode.
Step 2. You can select all or some types of data you’d like to transfer from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud. Click the Next button to initiate the transferring process.
Step 3. View and click the types of data you’d like to transfer > Take patience to wait for its transferring process until you see the Successfully transferred page.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes Backup
As we all know, without iCloud, you can also back up & restore your old iPhone with iTunes. If you have such an iTunes backup, you can also transfer data between iPhone devices with iTunes backup. Surely, if you don’t have one, you should establish a backup first.
Here are some resources worth checking out:
° A how-to guide for AnyTrans
° A YouTube video about how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone.