iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 allow you to customize your start page in Safari. When you open a new tab, you begin on your start page. You can customize your start page with new background images and options. Here’s how:
° Tap the double pane icon, then press the “+” icon.
° Scroll to the bottom of the page, then tap Edit.
° Choose options for your start page.
- Favorites: Display shortcuts to your favorite bookmarked websites.
- Siri Suggestions: As you search, use Siri to suggest webpages.
- Shared with You: See links shared with you in Messages, Mail, and more. See.
- Frequently Visited: Go straight to the websites you visit most.
- Privacy Report: Stay updated on how many trackers and websites Safari blocked from tracking you.
- Reading List: List pages currently in your Reading List.
- iCloud Tabs: Show open tabs from other Apple devices where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID and Safari is turned on in iCloud settings or preferences.
Note: Your custom start page settings are updated on all your Apple devices where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID and two-factor authentication is turned on for iCloud.
(This how-to is based on my experiences and info on Apple’s support pages.)