Claris, a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple, has announced a new software release that builds on the Claris open-platform promise. The company says that features include:
- Apple silicon: Claris FileMaker Pro and Claris FileMaker Server are the first low-code universal macOS binaries that ensure optimized performance on Apple silicon computers while still offering amazing speed on Intel-based Mac computers.
- Microsoft Edge for Windows: The latest Microsoft Edge WebView2 control replaces Internet Explorer 11 (IE11), which eliminates potential security concerns and ensures full FileMaker extensibility on Windows.
- Significant server enhancements: Introducing Ubuntu, the most popular Linux distribution worldwide; the return of an enhanced log viewer; and many more server fixes and under-the-hood functionality that boost performance, flexibility, stability, and security.
- Add-ons. A feature that provides a new way to enhance each custom app with rich functionality. You can share that functionality with anyone. Once shared, individuals can develop a low-code app without the need of advanced coding skills.
- Claris Connect. Because apps today need to share data, the integration technology of Claris Connect lets you automate workflows between apps. Over the last year, Claris has added 14 new connectors, allowing you to exchange data across various systems and business applications. New connectors include UPS, Shopify, Smartsheet, and Smart-HR, as well as expanded functionality of several existing connectors. In addition, Claris Connect for Apple School Manager launched in May 2021 with three new connectors for a variety of student information systems (SIS) that will be growing in the future.
- Even more features. Claris has added features that help make smarter apps with artificial intelligence (AI), such as Core ML (machine learning), for things like image classification and sentiment recognition, Siri Shortcuts for voice-enabled interactions, and NFC reading — all on mobile. And you can fast-track your app deployment by creating new apps directly in Claris FileMaker Cloud from Claris FileMaker Pro in a one-step process.
If you’re a current FileMaker 19, you can update today to take advantage of this release. New to Claris FileMaker and ready for a test drive? Get acquainted with the newest FileMaker today by downloading a free 45-day trial.