With Always-On display, your iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max dims the Lock Screen while still showing helpful info such as the time, widgets, and wallpaper. But if you don’t like the feature, you can turn it off.
Always-On display is enabled by default on the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max. However, it does go dark when you don’t need it. To save battery life, Apple notes that the display is completely dark when:
- Your iPhone is lying face down
- Your iPhone is in your pocket or bag
- Sleep Focus is on
- Low Power Mode is on
- Your iPhone is connected to CarPlay
- You’re using Continuity Camera
- You haven’t used your iPhone for a while (your iPhone learns your activity patterns and turns the display off and on accordingly, including if you set up an alarm or sleep schedule)
- Your iPhone detects that you moved away from it with a paired Apple Watch (Always-On display will turn on when your Apple Watch is close to your iPhone again)
Turn Always-On display off or on
As mentioned, Always-On display is on by default on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max. To turn Always-On display off or on:
° Go to Settings > Display & Brightness.
° Scroll down to Always On and turn Always-On display off or on.