NETGEAR has announced the latest addition to its managed wireless access point portfolio, the Insight Managed WiFi 6 AX3000 Dual-band Multi-Gig PoE Access Point (WAX615).
Developed for small and medium businesses (SMBs), it purportedly provides the fastest dual-band, WiFi 6, multi-gig performance and coverage with NETGEAR Insight remote cloud management and the NETGEAR unique Instant Mesh capability.
Douglas Cheung, director of product line management for NETGEAR Business Wireless, says the WAX615 provides SMBs and managed service providers with a powerful WiFi solution based on the latest WiFi 6 Release 2 technology, delivering twice the throughput compared to WiFi 6 Release 1, at a price comparable to its immediate predecessor. The WAX615 is backwards compatible with all NETGEAR Insight Managed WiFi 5 and WiFi 6 Access Points, making it an easy, drop-in upgrade to existing Insight networks.
According to Cheung, with a top speed of 3Gbps, superior range and easy setup, the WAX615 access point delivers seamless roaming, load balancing and multi-user access for the best WiFi experience in high density environments. The device also includes one-year free Insight subscription for fully centralized, real-time setup, monitoring, and control with no need for extra management hardware.
What’s more, the WAX615 features one 2.5Gbps Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) Ethernet port for faster wired connectivity and easy installation. It’s ideally paired with NETGEAR GSM4210P, MS510TXPP, MS510TXUP and MS108EUP PoE switches.
According to Cheung, additional features include:
- WiFi 6 Release 2 – 100% faster speed than WiFi 6 Release 1 in 5GHz band, enabled by 160MHz channelization
- Instant Mesh – Compatible with all Insight Managed Access Points to form hybrid wired and wireless mesh networks, expanding WiFi coverage to areas that are hard to reach by Ethernet cables
- Concurrent Usage – Handles 4x more client devices per unit (when all devices support WiFi 6) compared to WiFi 5
- Superior Performance – Dual-band with each unit capable of delivering 3.0 Gbps of data throughput
- Seamless Roaming and Load Balancing – unrivalled user experience throughout the business, ideal for high density environments
- Support for Latest Devices – Works with the latest iOS and Android mobile devices such as iPhone 13, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and all notebook computers, wireless and wired
- Backwards Compatible – Supports WiFi 4 (IEEE 802.11n), WiFi 5 (IEEE 802.11ac) and WiFi 6 (IEEE 802.11ax) standards
- Easy Deployment – One 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port with high-power Power-over-Ethernet (PoE+) port (PoE+ switch & access point power adapter are sold separately)
The NETGEAR Insight Managed WiFi 6 AX3000 Dual-band Multi-Gig PoE Access Point (WAX615) is available this month on NETGEAR.com. Pricing is US$189.99 for the WAX615-100NAS and $209.99 for the WAX615PA-100NAS (includes power adapter).