Notifications alert you to many things on your iPhone and iPad, including incoming messages, new emails, and calendar events. You can set up and/or change group notifications and settings. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings and tap Notifications.
- Select an app and tap Notification Grouping.
- Select one of these options:
- Automatic: The notifications from the app are grouped according to organizing criteria within the app, such as by topic or thread.
- By App: All the notifications from the app are grouped together.
- Off: Turn off grouping.
To turn off notifications for certain apps:
- Go to Settings > Notifications, then tap Siri Suggestions.
- Turn off any app.
To change how notifications appear on the Lock Screen of your device:
- Go to Settings > Notifications and select an app.
- Tap Show Previews and choose an option.
(This how-to is based on my experiences and info on Apple’s support pages — where the images sometimes come from.)