With Shared Albums in the Photos app on iOS 15 and iPadOS 15,, you can share photos and videos with any folks you choose. And they can add their own photos, videos, and comments. Shared Albums works with or without iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream.
To turn on Shared Albums
Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on Shared Albums.
To create a new shared album
- Tap Albums, tap the “+“ icon, then tap New Shared Album.
- Give the album a name, then tap Next.
- Choose people to invite, or type an email address or phone number, then tap Create.
To turn on public viewing in iCloud
- Tap Albums, then select a shared album.
- Tap the people icon (which looks like a person with a checkmark), then turn on Public Website.
When Public Website is turned on, anyone with the iCloud URL can view the album.
To Add photos and videos to a shared album
- Tap Albums, select a shared album, then tap the “+” sign.
- Select all the items you want to add, then tap Done.
- Add a comment if you want, then tap Post.
To add or remove subscribers, or turn notifications on or off
Select the shared album, tap the people icon, then do any of the following:
- Add subscribers: Tap Invite People, then enter the names of the subscribers you want to add.
Subscribers can add photos and videos to the album. Turn off the Subscribers Can Post button so only you can add photos and videos.
- Remove subscribers: Tap the name of the subscriber, then tap Remove Subscriber.
- Turn notifications off: Tap the Notifications button. Tap again to turn Notifications on.
To delete photos, videos, and comments from a shared album
You must be the owner of the shared album to delete photos or videos.
- Delete photos and videos: In a shared album, tap Select. Select the photos or videos you want to delete, then tap the trash icon.
- Delete comments: While viewing the comment in a shared photo, touch and hold, then tap Delete.
Rename a shared album
- In Albums, scroll to Shared Albums, then tap See All.
- Tap Edit, then tap the name of the album and enter a new one.
Subscribe to a shared album
When you receive an invitation, tap the iCloud icon (which looks, like, well, a cloud), then tap Accept. You can also accept an invitation in an email.
(This how-to is based on my experiences and info on Apple’s support pages.)
Comments are closed.