The Apple Watch has a useful Calculator. Let’s look at how to use it in watchOS 9. You can tap its icon to open it. Or you can have it a complication on various watch faces and the Home Screen.
You can add the Calculator app as a complication on compatible watch faces by:
Pressing the Digital Crown to navigate to the watch face on your Apple Watch.
Press firmly on the watch face to enter customization mode.
Select a watch face.
Tap a complication location.
Rotate the Digital Crown and scroll through complications to select the one for Calculator.
Press the Digital Crown to exit customization mode.
Tap the watch face when finished.
To preform a quick calculation:
- Open the Calculator app .
- Tap numbers and operators to get a result.
To split a check and calculate a tip:
- Open the Calculator app. Enter the total amount of the bill, then tap Tip.
- Turn the Digital Crown to choose a tip percentage.
- Tap People, then turn the Digital Crown to enter the number of people sharing the bill.
You see the tip amount, the total amount, and how much each person owes if the bill is split evenly.
Note that the Tip feature isn’t available in all regions.