Do you find switching windows (and we’re not talking about the operating system) on a Mac to be inconvenient. Enter Slidepad, a productivity app and lightweight browser that brings the flexibility of iPad multitasking to your Mac’s screen. And now, via an Apple World Today deal, it’s available for US$8.99. That’s 30% off the regular price.
With Slidepad, you can slide in and out to get access to all websites or web apps you use instantly. Using Slidepad is as easy as using your dock.
Slidepad places a slide over window on your screen, which comes with a collection of web apps like Slack, Gmail, and YouTube — the online spaces that make your daily routine. Hover your mouse pointer to the left or right side of the screen and switch across any of them for a quick access.
Let’s say you want to write an email, and it takes looking into Calendar and checking your recent Slack conversation to come up with a message. With Slidepad, toggling around will be unnecessary. You can keep every app window active, without overloading your screen.
Get into anything via Slidepad’s powerful omnibox. Whatever space you want to add, all it takes is typing your URL or keywords — just as in a browser. There are no limitations on the number of apps you can add, Slidepad will expand according to your needs.
You can enable or disable Auto Mute in the app Preferences as well as customize sounds throughout your sliding experience. To enhance the presence of vital apps in your life, use notification badges and live notifications — all coming from a single Slidepad window.
There are no limits to the types of content you can interact with via Slidepad. Whether it’s a PDF doc or a multi-tab program, Slidepad will take you there. The app has picture in picture support, so you can view videos in floating windows. For macOS 10.14+, you can enable Dark Mode.
Features of Slidepad
- Intuitive window switching. Hover your mouse pointer to the left or right side of the screen & switch across any of your apps for quick access
- Quick actions. Keep every app window active without overloading your screen
- Limitless workspace. There are no limitations on the number of apps you can add, Slidepad will expand according to your needs
- Custom audio & notifications. Enable or disable Auto Mute in the app Preferences as well as customize sounds throughout your sliding experience
- Manage your browsing. Clear caches & cookies right from the menu bar
- Extensive compatibility. No limits to the types of content you can interact with; PDF, pictures, videos & more
- #1 Product of the Day on Product Hunt
- 4.5/5 stars on SetApp: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★
- 5.0/5 stars on MacUpdate: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
- macOS 10.14+
- Length of access: lifetime
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Access options: desktop
- Max number of devices: 1
- Only available to new users
- Version: 1.0.43
- Updates included
- Have questions on how digital purchases work? Learn more here
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 30 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.