With iOS and iPadOS, you can use the Notes app to scan documents on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. . Here’s how:
- Open Notes and select a note or create a new one.
- Tap the Camera button , then tap Scan documents.
- Place your document in view of the camera.
- If your device is in Auto mode, your document will automatically scan. If you need to manually capture a scan, tap the Shutter button or one of the Volume buttons. Then drag the corners to adjust the scan to fit the page, then tap Keep Scan.
- Tap Save or add additional scans to the document.
(This how-to is based on my experiences and info on Apple’s support pages — where the images sometimes come from.)