Hasbro, Inc. says a brand-new version of Twister will be available for pre-order on Amazon starting today and at most major retailers August 1 for US$19.99.
Twister Air is a new app-enabled game that takes the classic Twister gameplay from the mat to the screen using augmented reality — with no mat required. The app will be available at the Apple App Store.
With Twister Air, the party moves onto the player’s smart device such as an iPhone or iPad. Players reach, clap, swipe, and strike poses to music beats as they scramble to earn points by matching wrist and ankle bands to the colored spots on the screen.
To get started, players download the free Twister Air app available on iOS, iPadOS, and Android, and place their smartphone or tablet in the provided Twister Air device stand. Players are ready for action once they put the colorful, stretchy Twister Air bands on their wrists and ankles and follow the steps in the Twister Air App to calibrate their bands to their device’s camera.
As soon as the music plays, it’s time to start moving and matching bands to colored spots that appear on the screen. There are three different ways to play: Solo, VS or Teams mode.
According to Adam Biehl, senior vice president and general manager, Hasbro Gaming, features coming to the next-generation game include:
- Limb tracking and color recognition technology, combined with classic Twister gameplay and the magic of AR.
- 8 colorful, stretchy, and one-size-fits-most Twister Air bands for ankle and wrist movement detection
- An adjustable stand that holds any smartphone or tablet with a width up to 9-inches
- A free-to-download Twister Air app (Android and iOS) to play the game
- In-app high score leaderboards, content capturing, how-to-play tutorials, and more
- 3 different modes to play – Solo, VS, or Teams. Compete against a friend or team in a shared screen face-off or play solo and try to beat a personal best
- A library with over 16 songs to move and play to.