On a regular basis, Apple World Today posts a list of notable new apps or app updates that have been released. They may not necessarily be new, but they’re popular and deserve mention. Here are today’s picks.
- Barcode Generator: Generates all kinds of codes, including QR codes and UPC codes
- Barcode Reader: Users can either drag an image onto the tool, or simply bring the code in front of the camera to instantly recognize a barcode
- Recognize Text: Converting an image of text into real, editable text. (Not unlike the new Live Text feature in iOS/iPadOS 15, or in macOS Monterey on an M1 Mac.
New features in Parallels Toolbox 5.0 for Mac are:
- Focus on Window: Highlights one window and dims the rest of the open windows, making it far simpler to home in on the work at hand
- Transform Text: Enables user to easily perform common case-changing operations like converting to all upper case.
A demo is available for download. Parallels Toolbox 5.0 for Windows/Mac is a subscription-based app that costs US$19.99 per year.
Zevrix Solutions has released Output Factory Server 3.0.23, a maintenance update to the company’s output automation solution for Adobe InDesign.
The software automates InDesign production workflows by processing files from watched hot folders. Output Factory Server provides printers and publishing companies with conveyor-style industrial output facilities that reduce manual labor.
Output Factory Server with built-in LinkOptimizer Server can be purchased from Zevrix website for $699.95, as well as from authorized resellers. A demo is available for download. The update is free for the licensed users of Output Factory Server 3 and $350 for the users of earlier Output Factory Server versions and BatchOutput Server.
Output Factory Server requires macOS 10.12 or later and Adobe InDesign CC 2018-2021.